Ajbīyah. al-Salām la-ki yā Maryam.
- Ajbīyah. al-Salām la-ki yā Maryam.
أجبية. السلام لك يا مريم
- Free Library of Philadelphia. Rare Book Department. John Frederick Lewis Collection of Oriental Manuscripts
- between 1650 and 1750?
Copy of the Ajbīyah, a Coptic book of prayers, followed by a prayer to Mary. Nine full page illustrations; several illuminated titles.
- Holding institution:
- Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections
- Free Library of Philadelphia
- Data provider:
- University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- 10 long lines for Arabic text; 12 long lines for Coptic.
- Manuscripts, Arabic--17th century
Manuscripts, Arabic--18th century
Manuscripts, Coptic--17th century
Manuscripts, Coptic--18th century
Codices (bound manuscripts)
Islamic bindings (Binding)
Envelope flaps (features)
Prayers and devotions
Copts--Prayers and devotions--Early works to 1800
Christianity--Prayers and devotions--Early works to 1800
Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint, in the liturgy--Prayers and devotions--Early works to 1800
Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint, in the liturgy
Gift of Anne Baker Lewis in 1933.
Formerly owned by Thomas Bateman (armorial bookplate on last flyleaf recto).
Formerly owned by Robert Hoe (bookplate on last flyleaf verso).
Sold at the Robert Hoe sale (Part II) Anderson Auction Company (New York), 16 January 1912, lot 2025 for $50 (note in pencil on last flyleaf verso).
Catalog entry from Carolyn Shipman, "A catalogue of manuscripts forming a portion of the library of Robert Hoe" (New York, 1909), p. 209 is tipped in between last two flyleaves.
Formerly owned by John Frederick Lewis.
- Geographic region:
- Egypt ;
- These images and the content of Rare Book Department Lewis O 29: Ajbīyah. al-Salām la-ki yā Maryam. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book Department Lewis O 29: Ajbīyah. al-Salām la-ki yā Maryam.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
- Lewis O 29
- Is part of:
- OPenn: Manuscripts of the Muslim World
- Type (Broader):
- Type (Narrower):