- Nuzʹhat al-arvāḥ.
- Mīr Ḥusaynī Haravī, Ḥusayn ibn ʻĀlim, 1272 or 1273-approximately 1317
Free Library of Philadelphia. Rare Book Department. John Frederick Lewis collection of Oriental Manuscripts
- 1500? to 1582
Copy of a treatise on Sufi doctrine with a number of replacements pages written in another hand.
- Type (Narrower):
- Type (Broader):
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
Sufism--Early works to 1800
Sufi literature, Persian--Early works to 1800
Manuscripts, Persian--16th century
- Geographic region:
Gift of Anne Baker Lewis in 1933.
Formerly owned by Muḥammad Bāqir valad-i Qāz̤i valad-i Shams al-Dīn Muḥammad Shīrāzī and purchased in Aḥmadankar (probably Ahmednagar) in the year 990 A.H (1582) (f. 110v).
Sold by Mīr Muḥammad for eight rupees (undated note f. 110v).
Formerly owned by Henry George Keene (signature on front flyleaf recto with "No. 77" and Sid[ney] Sus[sex] Coll[ege]". The same signature, dated March 1803 along with his stamp also appear (f. 1r).
Formerly owned by John Frederick Lewis (armorial bookplate inside front cover).
- 25 long lines.
- Free Library of Philadelphia
- Holding institution:
- Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections
- Data provider:
- University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- These images and the content of Rare Book Department Lewis O 40: Nuzʹhat al-arvāḥ. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book Department Lewis O 40: Nuzʹhat al-arvāḥ.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
- Lewis O 40
- Is part of:
- OPenn: Manuscripts of the Muslim World