Free Library of Philadelphia. Rare Book Department. John Frederick Lewis Collection of Oriental Manuscripts
- between 1650? and 1738
Complete copy beginning with the 'older preface' and 23 miniatures; the colophon is missing from the end.
- Holding institution:
- Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections
- Free Library of Philadelphia
- Data provider:
- University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- After the first opening, pages generally laid out in 25 lines per page in 4 columns with gold double rules between each column; border-ruled and pages frame-ruled with a misṭarah.
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
Epic poetry, Persian--Early works to 1800
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Iranian--Specimens
Manuscripts, Persian--17th century
Manuscripts, Persian--18th century
Manuscripts, Oriental--17th century
Manuscripts, Oriental--18th century
Gift of Anne Baker Lewis in 1933.
Formerly owned by Muḥammad Jaʻfar (note dated 1177 A.H. (1763 or 1764) on f. 1r)
Formerly owned by Oliver Henry Perkins (bookplate on first flyleaf recto, at front of book).
Formerly owned by John Frederick Lewis.
- Geographic region:
- These images and the content of Rare Book Department Lewis O 51: Shāhnāmah. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book Department Lewis O 51: Shāhnāmah.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
- Lewis O 51
- Is part of:
- OPenn: Manuscripts of the Muslim World
- Type (Broader):
- Type (Narrower):