Free Library of Philadelphia. Rare Book Department. John Frederick Lewis Collection of Oriental Manuscripts
- between 1600 and 1799?
Third volume of the Shāhnāmah with 13 miniatures.
- Holding institution:
- Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections
- Free Library of Philadelphia
- Data provider:
- University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- After the first opening, pages generally laid out in 25 lines per page in 4 columns with gold double rules between each column; border-ruled and pages frame-ruled with a misṭarah.
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
Lacquered bindings (Binding)
Epic poetry, Persian--Early works to 1800
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Iranian--Specimens
Manuscripts, Persian--17th century
Manuscripts, Persian--18th century
Manuscripts, Oriental--17th century
Manuscripts, Oriental--18th century
Gift of Anne Baker Lewis in 1933.
Formerly owned by Oliver Henry Perkins (bookplate on first flyleaf recto, at front of book).
Formerly owned by John Frederick Lewis.
- Geographic region:
- These images and the content of Rare Book Department Lewis O 56: Shāhnāmah. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book Department Lewis O 56: Shāhnāmah.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
- Lewis O 56
- Is part of:
- OPenn: Manuscripts of the Muslim World
- Type (Broader):
- Type (Narrower):