Free Library of Philadelphia. Rare Book Department. John Frederick Lewis Collection of Oriental Manuscripts
Neatly written and complete copy of Saʻdī's Būstān with 16 miniatures in color.
- Holding institution:
- Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections
- Free Library of Philadelphia
- Data provider:
- University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- 13 long lines; border-ruled.
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
Blind tooled (decoration)
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Indic
Manuscripts, Persian--19th century
Manuscripts, Oriental--19th century
Sold by Anderson Auction Company (New York), 15 December 1909, lot 513 (catalog entry pasted into front inside cover).
Formerly owned by John Frederick Lewis.
- Geographic region:
- These images and the content of Rare Book Department Lewis O 70: Būstān. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book Department Lewis O 70: Būstān.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
- Lewis O 70
- Is part of:
- OPenn: Manuscripts of the Muslim World
- Type (Broader):
- Type (Narrower):