Collection of stories in Hindustani.
- Collection of stories in Hindustani.
- Free Library of Philadelphia. Rare Book Department. John Frederick Lewis Collection of Oriental Manuscripts
- A.H. 1251 (1835)
Incomplete collection of stories, the main one about a Judge being tempted by a beautiful woman upon the order of the King, Muʻalī; 14 vibrantly colored illustrations.
- Indic languages
- Holding institution:
- Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections
- Free Library of Philadelphia
- Data provider:
- University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- 9 long lines; border-ruled.
- Manuscripts, Indic
Manuscripts, 19th century
Codices (bound manuscripts)
Formerly owned by Āghā Faṣāḥat ʻAlī and purchased from "a person whose father was the grand vizier Nawwāb Naṣīr al-Dawlah Bahādur, for the father of the Mahārājah Rājah" [incomplete] (Simsar, 175) (f. 1r).
Sold at Sotheby's Feb. 1925, lot 165 (catalog entry pasted to front flyleaf recto and note in pencil).
Formerly owned by John Frederick Lewis.
- Geographic region:
- These images and the content of Rare Book Department Lewis O 99: Collection of stories in Hindustani. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book Department Lewis O 99: Collection of stories in Hindustani.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
- Lewis O 99
- Is part of:
- OPenn: Manuscripts of the Muslim World
- Type (Broader):
- Type (Narrower):