Deccani portrait album.
- Free Library of Philadelphia. Rare Book Department. John Frederick Lewis Collection of Oriental Manuscripts
- between 1670 and 1699?
Deccani portrait album beginning with the Mughal emperors, proceeding to the Deccani kings, then closing with the Safavid shahs; the images are labeled in Persian in the lower corner with Latin script titles added near the shoulder of each person. Possibly produced during the reign of Abul Hasan Qutb Shah (r. 1672-1687) the last ruler of the Golconda sultanate. The album is bound to be viewed left to right; probably for export to Europe.
- Item contributor:
- Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections
- Free Library of Philadelphia
- Data contributor:
- University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- One central image on each page; border-ruled.
- Manuscripts, Persian
Manuscripts, 17th century
Codices (bound manuscripts)
- Geographic region:
- These images and the content of Rare Book Department Lewis O 191: Deccani portrait album. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
To the extent possible under law, Free Library of Philadelphia, Special Collections has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book Department Lewis O 191: Deccani portrait album.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
- Lewis O 191
- Is part of:
- OPenn: Manuscripts of the Muslim World