- 17-- or 18--
Complete copy of the Qurʼān, written in at least three hands with varying page layout; also includes six replacement pages on rougher paper (f. 55-57, 59-61).
- Item contributor:
- Columbia University, Rare Book & Manuscript Library
- Columbia University.
- Data contributor:
- University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- 12 to 15 lines per page. Some pages, particularly near the beginning, have two lines of text in larger thuluth followed by four lines of text in smaller naskh, three lines in larger thuluth, four lines in smaller naskh and a final two lines in larger thuluth. Most pages have text of a uniform size.
- Early works to 1800
Islamic bindings (Binding)
Envelope flaps (features)
Blind tooled (decoration)
- Geographic region:
- DC rights:
- These images and the content of Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 234: al-Qurʼān. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
To the extent possible under law, Columbia University, Rare Book Manuscript Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 234: al-Qurʼān.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
- MS Or 234
- Is part of:
- OPenn: Manuscripts of the Muslim World