Collection of works on astronomy and astronomical instruments
- Qusṭā ibn Lūqā, approximately 820-approximately 912
Marrākushī, Abū al-Ḥasan ʻAlī, active 13th century
Mūsá ibn Ibrāhīm
Sibṭ al-Māridīnī, Badr al-Dīn Muḥammad ibn Muḥammad, 1423-
Muwaqqit, Muḥammad ibn Kātib Sinān
- between 1694 and 1799?
Collection of works on astronomy and astronomical instruments in Arabic and Ottoman Turkish copied in the same hand and bound together; the Turkish work (3) is missing the first leaf; f. 84v-98v are all excerpts from (naqala min) the same book with no attribution, Miṣbāḥ al-ẓalām.
- Item contributor:
- Columbia University, Rare Book & Manuscript Library
- Columbia University.
- Data contributor:
- University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- 19-22 long lines.
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
Almucantar--Early works to 1800
Astronomy, Arab--Early works to 1800
Astronomical instruments--Islamic Empire--Early works to 1800
Timekeeping--Islamic Empire--Early works to 1800
Manuscripts, Arabic--New York (State)--New York
Manuscripts, Turkish--New York (State)--New York
- Geographic region:
- These images and the content of Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 285: Collection of works on astronomy and astronomical instruments are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
To the extent possible under law, Columbia University, Rare Book Manuscript Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 285: Collection of works on astronomy and astronomical instruments. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
- MS Or 285
- Is part of:
- OPenn: Manuscripts of the Muslim World