- Rajab ʻAlī Beg
Manual of arithmetic and geometry for merchants' use including how to calculate the area of a ship. According to the compiler, the work includes excerpts from the following texts: Muntakhab al-ḥisāb, Līlāvatī, and Dastūr al-ʻamal.
- Item contributor:
- Columbia University, Rare Book & Manuscript Library
- Columbia University.
- Data contributor:
- University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- 15 long lines with some geometrical figures and formulas written vertically in between the text.
Manuals (instructional materials)
Islamic bindings (Binding)
- Geographic region:
- These images and the content of Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 36: Badīʻ al-ḥisāb. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
To the extent possible under law, Columbia University, Rare Book Manuscript Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Rare Book and Manuscript Library MS Or 36: Badīʻ al-ḥisāb.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
- MS Or 36
- Is part of:
- OPenn: Manuscripts of the Muslim World